• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

duke case and restraining orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NC

I was wondering if the accuser got restraining orders on these guys, and if so, now that they are found innocent, and being that she made false police reports, Do the duke players still have restraining orders to deal with? I know they look bad on background investigations . Did she ever get restraining orders on these guys, I know if she was really raped, she would have.Did the players get them expunged or not, I know some judges grant restraining orders after somone is found innocent just to stop harassment that may occure, I believe this is so in minosota. So anyways was wondering the the players were gonna do about the restraining orders, if the have them.?

CdwJava

I have found that rape victims rarely get a restraining order on their attacker. Unless the attacker is likely to contact the victim again, this is usually un-necessary. And any later harassment could be considered witness intimidation (or similar crime) so the order would tend to be moot. If the attacker were someone whom the victim lived or worked with, or was a neighbor or other person who might frequent the area of the victim, then such an order is likely.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">