• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

duplicate Exhibit 44 entered into Court record.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ggarmento

The Local Rules of Civil Procedure do not allow for Discovery to be filed with the Court.
I am Pro Se and I filed my Initial Disclosures along with an Exhibit 44 (showing a calculation of damages in Oct 2017) with the Clerk and the Court Ordered the Initial Disclosures removed.
Fast forward to July 2018, I just filed a Memorandum in Response Def. Motion to Dismiss, and in that Response was a new Exhibit 44 (Doc. 55-1, Pl. Exhibit 44). And the just last week (Aug 2018) I filed a Memorandum in Response Def. Motion for Summary Judgment and I referenced the Oct 2017 Exhibit 44 which was ordered removed.
I immediately Motioned the Court to allow the Oct 2107 Exhibit 44, which was granted today,
TEXT-ONLY ORDER granting [57] Motion to Allow Omitted Exhibit Text of Order: The Plaintiff's Motion is GRANTED, and Plaintiff's Exhibit 44 shall be considered as an exhibit in support of the Plaintiff's Memorandum in Response to Defendant's Motion for Partial Summary Judgment. So Ordered.
But now there are two Exhibit 44s. I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to how to suggest a way to differentiate between the two exhibits?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
But now there are two Exhibit 44s. I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to how to suggest a way to differentiate between the two exhibits?
I don't see where you mentioned the state and what particular kind of court (e.g. county court, district court, etc) the litigation is taking place. That matters because the rules in each state and sometimes for each kind of court are different. That said, one possiblity that comes to mind is numbering the first one 44-A and the second one 44-B. Or change the number of one of them to a number not yet being used for exhibits.

quincy

ggarmento is in North Carolina. He has another thread in this section of the forum that he just added to but the posts are awaiting moderator review.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">