• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

duplicate life insurance policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sharri

What is the name of your state?
My state is Illinois. My father purchased a life insurance policy from Jackson National in Lansing, Michigan in 1989. I am his daughter, and he paid the premiums and made me the owner. We can't find a copy of the policy, which contains the terms and conditions, as well as beneficiaries. I called Jackson National and they sent me a form to complete, requesting a duplicate policy. I did that and now they have written back saying they don't have a duplicate policy of this whole life policy, because it was written before 1990. How can this be? Jackson National is a huge, longstanding profitable company. They say that the certificate of current coverage they sent me doesn't change any of the terms or conditions of the policy. So, they know the terms and conditions, but I don't. When my father passes, if I don't do the steps required to collect on the policy, they can deny payment. What can I do? I would appreciate any help you can provide! Thanks very much.
SharriWhat is the name of your state?

moburkes

What is the name of your state?
My state is Illinois. My father purchased a life insurance policy from Jackson National in Lansing, Michigan in 1989. I am his daughter, and he paid the premiums and made me the owner. We can't find a copy of the policy, which contains the terms and conditions, as well as beneficiaries. I called Jackson National and they sent me a form to complete, requesting a duplicate policy. I did that and now they have written back saying they don't have a duplicate policy of this whole life policy, because it was written before 1990. How can this be? Jackson National is a huge, longstanding profitable company. They say that the certificate of current coverage they sent me doesn't change any of the terms or conditions of the policy. So, they know the terms and conditions, but I don't. When my father passes, if I don't do the steps required to collect on the policy, they can deny payment. What can I do? I would appreciate any help you can provide! Thanks very much.
SharriWhat is the name of your state?
Huh? With or without a copy of the policy, if you don't "do" the proper steps, they can deny a payment. The document they provided you with is legal. Calm the hell down.

Betty

A lot of life ins. cos. do not send a complete new (duplicate) policy. The co. I worked for sent a certificate of coverage after receiving a request for a duplicate policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">