• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

During a planned 4 month termination period the employee injured themself on the job. What benefits does the employer have to continue, if any?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I don't think anyone has addressed what I see the OP's basic question.

No. The employee has no legal expectation for the employer to continue things like health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans and so on. IF the claim is accepted by the workers comp carrier, then ongoing medical treatment FOR THAT CONDITION ONLY will continue. But there is NO obligation for the employer to violate the plan rules for ending benefits in general.

The employee cannot collect disability benefits and workers comp both.
I diverted attention away from the main question by inserting information on worker’s compensation. Sorry. PayrollHRGuy pointed this out earlier.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">