• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DV case in Port Orange

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lifeiskarma

What is the name of your state? FL

I was involved in a very abuisve relationship both mentally & psyhically. I brokeup with my ex becasue he beat me very bad one night. and knew I needed to move on. After we brokeup he asked that we just remain friends b/c he was willing to go to therapy to work on his issues and knew that ne needed help.(i was afraid to not be friends with him b/c i didnt know what he was capable of doing) I still had some of his belongings such as a spare keys to his apartment that he wanted back, he said he didnt have the money to change the locks. One night he told me he was going to his friends house and to meet him there to drop the keys off. (the friend lives right near me) During that day we had spoken on the phone MANY times. I kept calling him to make sure he was at his friends, but he wasnt answering, I really wanted to give them back to him so he would just stop bothering me about it. When I go to his friends house, he came outside and I handed them to him and he went into a RAGE, I mean rage. Shoved me up againt the wall, screaming and punched me in the face. I ran into his friends house asking to use the phone and they were pretty much looking at me like I was crazy. I called 911 reported the incident, the cops came and arrested him. The cops wrote down on the report that my face was really red, like someone had smacked me. He has an attorney. The DA called me and told me that he is saying he did NOTHING and I was the aggressor and hit him and they have all the phone records to prove that I was harassing him. He is trying to make like I was taling him and couldnt get my way and called the cops to get revenge. Also, his friend is going to testify that I came there hysetrical, which I was NOT! What Do I do?

Hot Topic

I'm sure you know now how monumentally stupid it was for you to go to his friend's place to give back the keys. You should have just mailed them via certified mail, return receipt requested.

You knew exactly what he was capable of doing when you agreed to be "friends" with him even though he beat you up, so the claim that you "had" to be friends because of what he might do is totally unbelievable.

You can take the police report regarding the condition of your face to court. He will need to provide proof that you injured him. There should be plenty if, according to his friend, you were hysterical when you got to his place. That, of course, should bring up the question of why the friend did nothing. Logic dictates that HE should have called the police out of fear of what you might do to your ex-boyfriend.

You need to have an attorney who specializes in cases like this. And I hope you have documentation of what he did to you and when. Other police reports? Witnesses?

See if there's a group in your area that deals with domestic violence. And don't do anything dumb like responding if he wants to get together to "straighten things out."

lifeiskarma

why do i need an attorney?

I'm sure you know now how monumentally stupid it was for you to go to his friend's place to give back the keys. You should have just mailed them via certified mail, return receipt requested.

You knew exactly what he was capable of doing when you agreed to be "friends" with him even though he beat you up, so the claim that you "had" to be friends because of what he might do is totally unbelievable.

You can take the police report regarding the condition of your face to court. He will need to provide proof that you injured him. There should be plenty if, according to his friend, you were hysterical when you got to his place. That, of course, should bring up the question of why the friend did nothing. Logic dictates that HE should have called the police out of fear of what you might do to your ex-boyfriend.

You need to have an attorney who specializes in cases like this. And I hope you have documentation of what he did to you and when. Other police reports? Witnesses?

See if there's a group in your area that deals with domestic violence. And don't do anything dumb like responding if he wants to get together to "straighten things out."
he didnt want me to mail then, i did offer that solution. Yeah I was pretty stupid, I should have never stayed friends with him but he made me feel guilty for leaving him as it is and he swore he was going to therapy. The DA said cops are going to need to testify about what they saw. But he also said that he has phone records of me calling him 20 times that say. will that make a differnce? i am done, i know it when i testify! wait, u said I need an attoney????? Why would i need a attorney??

lifeiskarma

yes my own mother is willing to testify that she saw my bruises and that he even admitted to her that he hit me, i know its insane!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">