• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DV PROTECTION ORDER

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JustMe29

What is the name of your state? IDAHO

My daughter and I Have a Domestic Violence protection order against her father. It does not allow him any type of visitation. He may only communicate with our daughter through text or social media. I have been trying to figure out if I am able to move out of state with just this order of if I need to file the paperwork to modify so that I can remove her from the state. Our Protection order is in effect until 5/2019. We currently Reside in Idaho.

Just Blue

My daughter and I Have a Domestic Violence protection order against her father. It does not allow him any type of visitation. He may only communicate with our daughter through text or social media. I have been trying to figure out if I am able to move out of state with just this order of if I need to file the paperwork to modify so that I can remove her from the state. Our Protection order is in effect until 5/2019. We currently Reside in Idaho.
Other than the RO is there any other court orders? Do you have a custody order? Why was the RO issued?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The protection order, by itself, does not allow you to move contrary to prior orders and/or state law.

LdiJ

Were there custody orders in place prior to the domestic violence order? How old is your daughter. Where does dad live?

JustMe29

There was custody Orders in place that were overridden with the protection order. Previous custody was written as 50/50 but I was lucky if he wanted her every 3 months or so. She is 14 and her dad lives in Idaho as well. He is facing 2 aggravated battery with a deadly weapon (felonies used a hand gun), 1 charge of Injury to a child (felony Shot at car child was in), 1 misdemeanor charge of domestic violence and 1 misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest.

Just Blue

There was custody Orders in place that were overridden with the protection order. Previous custody was written as 50/50 but I was lucky if he wanted her every 3 months or so. She is 14 and her dad lives in Idaho as well. He is facing 2 aggravated battery with a deadly weapon (felonies used a hand gun), 1 charge of Injury to a child (felony Shot at car child was in), 1 misdemeanor charge of domestic violence and 1 misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest.
You will need permission from the court to move the child. You will likely get said permission based on the assault of the child. I wish you and your daughter the very best. Hopefully she is in therapy to deal with what her father did. Poor kid... :(

JustMe29

You will need permission from the court to move the child. You will likely get said permission based on the assault of the child. I wish you and your daughter the very best. Hopefully she is in therapy to deal with what her father did. Poor kid... :(
Thank you. We are both in therapy. I just want to make sure that I am doing this the correct way and I will feel so much safer once we are out of state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">