• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dwi- Nc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iamme04

What is the name of your state?
North Carolina

my ex-husband had an accident and was charged with dwi and reckless driving with endangerment. he destroyed his vehicle and the other driver's vehicle and trailer....he could have very well killed this man. the other driver wasn't hurt but my husband was taken to the hospital where he now has over $18,000 in medical bills. our insurance has paid out more than $35,000 for the vehicles involved.
when he goes to court............his attorney is going to say that he wasn't driving and that the state will have to prove that. they are going to say that the driver of my husbands truck ran off after the accident because my husband was out of the truck when the police arrived...........
please tell me this isn't going to be possible and that he will get away with what he has done..................

S

seniorjudge

The phanthom driver scam originated the same day the first drunk driving law was passed in the 19th century.

No cops or prosecutors or judges have fallen for it yet.

Well, some of them did but I cannot tell you who.

The tables may turn.

The judge may make your ex-husband prove he wasn't driving, and want the name of the ghost driver. Pretty risky defense, but look on the bright side, if your ex-husband gets off he can tell his lawyer to bill the guy that ran away. I have never found judges and courts to be that gullable. But his attorney may have dealt with this judge before and know what he can get away with.

rmet4nzkx

You first say, "my ex-husband " then you say, "our insurance has paid out more than $35,000 " If you are divorced how can it be your joint insurance? It sounds like he has serious problems.

Hummm......

The most suprizing thing about this case is that your ex actually found an attorney that will defend against a DUI charge.

iamme04

rmet4nzkx said:
You first say, "my ex-husband " then you say, "our insurance has paid out more than $35,000 " If you are divorced how can it be your joint insurance? It sounds like he has serious problems.
we had only been separated for 2 months before this accident. we left the insurance the way it was until it was suppose to be renewed then he was going to get his own policy. once this accident happened, we spent 2 days making arrangements for me and my daughter to get on our own policy.

iamme04

Alchohol_Free said:
The most suprizing thing about this case is that your ex actually found an attorney that will defend against a DUI charge.
letters from attorneys were coming out of the woodwork !!!
he had no trouble finding one....paying them hasn't been so easy.

iamme04

minerzlegal said:
The judge may make your ex-husband prove he wasn't driving, and want the name of the ghost driver. Pretty risky defense, but look on the bright side, if your ex-husband gets off he can tell his lawyer to bill the guy that ran away. I have never found judges and courts to be that gullable. But his attorney may have dealt with this judge before and know what he can get away with.

aren't the judges suppose to protect the rest of us from people like him ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">