• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

E-mail evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Illinois

My ex-husband will not maintain any type of communication with me. He has repeatedly refused to obey the court's order to provide contact information to me. I have only his e-mail address although he doe not reply to my e-mails except to send silly cards or Web site links. We have two children, one of whom was hospitalized this year. I can only notify him via e-mail of things pertaining to our children. He hasn't seen them since 2000 nor spoken to them since 2001.

1. Can I use the e-mails between us as evidence that he was indeed notified of issues regarding the children? Could someone provide a citation or document?

2. My lawyer mentioned that there is a 9% late fee that is owed on late child support. Can someone provide citation or document that I can reference?

Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential