• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EAD and AOS -Advice Reqd.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

biznas

What is the name of your state?NJ
I have two questions and would greatly appreciate if some one can answer.

1)My EAD petition is pending with NBC over 100 days, while NBC is processing cases which are 40 days beyond my receipt notice date. What should i do? Is this common?
2) I filed my AOS(I-485) to NBC, My receipt number starts with MSC-XXX. But i couldn't find the form I-485 (Family Based) in NBC processing dates published by USICS. Where should i check the current processing dates?

Thanks

evcalyptos

biznas said:
What is the name of your state?NJ
I have two questions and would greatly appreciate if some one can answer.

1)My EAD petition is pending with NBC over 100 days, while NBC is processing cases which are 40 days beyond my receipt notice date. What should i do? Is this common?
2) I filed my AOS(I-485) to NBC, My receipt number starts with MSC-XXX. But i couldn't find the form I-485 (Family Based) in NBC processing dates published by USICS. Where should i check the current processing dates?

Thanks
1) I believe you can make an InfoPass appointment for your Local Office and get an interim EAD. They might be able to tell you what's happening with your original application.

2) You need to watch the processing dates for your Local Office; if you pass 30 days from the posted processing date and have not received an RFE, make an InfoPass appointment and go to the office. Don't bother calling the I-800 number.

If you have moved during your filing, disregard the above.

biznas

I got the Interim EAD. I am currently on H1 and if i want to switch employer and want to start work on EAD, then how should i inform the INS about this change?
THanks in Advance for reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">