• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Early termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Mississippi

I have been paying child support and medical insurance for 14 years now for my daughter. She is the subject of brainwashing and parental alienation from her mother - really bad in the last four years. She is now 16 years old. 6 - 7 months ago her brother took his mom to court and got temporary custody of my daughter, without my knowledge of course. Her and my ex told the judge that they didn't know where I was, nor how to get in touch with me, - funny, they know how to once a month. Part of the court papers said she had to get back into school, and something i recently found out was that her 18 year old boyfriend was not allowed around her. I found out yesterday that my 16 daughter is still not enrolled in school and is now 5 months pregnant, supposedly by the 18 year old boyfriend that she is not supposed to be around. Come to find out that he lived there for a while, all under my ex's nose. I am looking for information about laws that could get me out of paying any further child support and insurance obligations. Any help would be appreciated.


Senior Member
You cannot get out of CS. What you can do is petition the court for CS to be forwarded to the person who is acting as her caretaker or you could even ask for custody of her.
Mom should also be paying support if the child is not residing with her.


Senior Member
Child support is paid until a child becomes emancipated. In the State of Mississippi, the age of emancipation is twenty-one (21). Earlier emancipation may be determined by a judge if the child marries, joins the military or obtains other full time employment, or establishes residency outside the custodial parent's home.

so just having a baby doesnt emanicapte her but if she gets married or moves out, then you can file to stop paying CS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential