• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Earned Time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jay1982

What is the name of your state? West Virginia

Hello, I recently resigned my position at a local company. At the Time of Resignation my pay stubs indicated that I had accrued 176.80 hours of earned time, therefore this is what I was expecting to receive. However after 3 weeks of waiting for this check, when it finally arrived it was only for payment of 108.81 hours, leaving me 67.99 hours shy. I contacted the H.R. manager and asked about this discrepency, he stated that because I was part time my "check balance" had been incorrectly stated because the computers were calculating me as a full time employee??? The Employee Handbook makes not mention of this, infact it only states that employee's with 0-3 years of service receive 6.80 for every pay period which would have me calculated at 176.80, it seems odd that they would bring this up now. The do not want to budge on this issue, do I have any legal recourse???
Thanks

seniorjudge

jay1982 said:
What is the name of your state? West Virginia

Hello, I recently resigned my position at a local company. At the Time of Resignation my pay stubs indicated that I had accrued 176.80 hours of earned time, therefore this is what I was expecting to receive. However after 3 weeks of waiting for this check, when it finally arrived it was only for payment of 108.81 hours, leaving me 67.99 hours shy. I contacted the H.R. manager and asked about this discrepency, he stated that because I was part time my "check balance" had been incorrectly stated because the computers were calculating me as a full time employee??? The Employee Handbook makes not mention of this, infact it only states that employee's with 0-3 years of service receive 6.80 for every pay period which would have me calculated at 176.80, it seems odd that they would bring this up now. The do not want to budge on this issue, do I have any legal recourse???
Thanks

Sue them in small claims court and/or file a complaint with your state's department of labor.

pattytx

However, if the balance was incorrectly calculated, the fact that it appeared on your pay stub does not automatically entitle you to the incorrect amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">