• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

earnest money return

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Not open for further replies.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Washington
I put down $500 earnest money on an espresso stand contingent on financing. Check written 2/02. Went looking for financing but needed more business information from business. Did not receive this and could not get financing. Notice the For Sale Sign is gone. Wrote letter to business address requesting my money returned in June 2002 but no response. Got copy of cancelled check and called her bank to get home address and sent another letter in July with notation to send money within week of date of letter. No response.
Can I personally file a lien or court order to get money from her bank? What can I do?
Last edited:

Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential