• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

earnest money to hold business?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoobie

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NC

Hallo all

I want to purchase a local pizza shop for 55k. It is in an excellent area but location might not be so great? the area that is it located in is growing very rapidly I would like to have the owner hold the sale of the business to anyone but me until I can get all the details together for a business plan. I don't want to miss out on the opportunity. The Business plan would probably be for myself and serve somewhat as a guide. I may not need financing but the monies I need may not be available for a month or two. Can I give him earnest money to "hold" the sale of business until I can get a plan together as well as a negotiated sale price. If we cannot agree on selling terms have monies refunded? Can I use a general "earnest money/intent to sale" form for this. Is ther a standard $ or amount %.

As you can see any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">