• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiana

Hi there. We live in California. I have a neighbor that has an easement on our driveway. She can use the road that we own, but she made her driveway off the easement road so we can't use her way to get to another road access. There are new owners and now they are walking dogs, bikes, motorcycles, and UTV vehicles on our driveway. Is this allowed? Or is an egress ingress only for access to your home via vehicle? They are using our road with UTV and ATV's?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi there. We live in California. I have a neighbor that has an easement on our driveway. She can use the road that we own, but she made her driveway off the easement road so we can't use her way to get to another road access. There are new owners and now they are walking dogs, bikes, motorcycles, and UTV vehicles on our driveway. Is this allowed? Or is an egress ingress only for access to your home via vehicle? They are using our road with UTV and ATV's?
That would depend on the specific language of the easement. I would suggest that you get a copy of your deed, including the easement language, and consult with a local attorney.

Best of luck to you.

FarmerJ

You wrote > so we can't use her way to get to another road access.< what do you mean by that ? Are you telling us that you also have a easement over her land that leads you to another public road ? ( and she had one over yours ?) You wrote >There are new owners and now they are walking dogs, bikes, motorcycles, and UTV vehicles on our driveway. < did you mean she sold her property the new owners use motorcycles bikes and other vehicles to come and go like to go collect mail or to go to other places including doing things like walking to get to the public road to check mail to go other places like neighbors , to work etc ? SO if that's the situation then gotta ask does the recorded easement restrict them / limit them to one type of transportation or one type of vehicle ? and what does your attorney tell you ?

Last edited:

quincy

The way you have described the easement is a bit difficult to understand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">