• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easement liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tasrichfield

I own property in Ohio. The lot has a road/scenic easement that the other three landowners and myself use to access our driveways. The four landowners have incorporated as a nonprofit association. In the event someone gets hurt, dies as a result of an accident, or suffer some other calamity on the easement, who is liable for lawsuit damages, the association or myself? Currently, the association has no liability insurance, however I have homeowners coverage. If the association fails,or refuses to obtain adequate coverage, what steps are recommended to prevent access to the easement (did I mention the easement contains a pond?).
Thanks for any help in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">