• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mimi41

What is the name of your state?NY The town has an easement on my prperty to do repairs on the public sewer line which runs through my backyard. The last bulldozing they did destroyed many trees and by altering the stream bank caused severe flooding and destroyed more land also removed three foot of topsoil.I would like them to repair replant and fill it in again. Also they want me to sign permission for them to do more bulldozing in another part of my land to prevent further flooding!They have only in the past made things look like a muddy mess and then pulled away. The town lawyer said it is too late to make them repair the damage done in the past.Is this correct since the damage done caused the flooding this winter? All this work is being done on a designated trout stream.

S

seniorjudge

Mimi41 said:
All this work is being done on a designated trout stream.
I can guarantee you that your state's department of natural resources (or whatever it's called up there) AND your state's fish and wildlife and conservation agency (or whatever it's called up there) would be VERY interested in this.

Call them and report it. Expect a **** storm.

I hope you are successful; I can stand bullies working for the government.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">