• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ebay auction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dsparks

I have been selling items on ebay for almost a year now. I probably sold over 200 items with out any complaints. Usually I ship items with in a day or two, it never take longer than 2 weeks from the auction close for the people to receive their items. In the last couple of weeks I have been getting complaints from winning bidder that they have not received their item as soon as they would like. In my auction descriptions I do not guarantee a delivery date or promise a shipping date. I am having trouble obtaining the items from a wholesaler and am not sure of a time frame in which the items will ship. I never claimed in the auction that I physically had the item. In all my emails with the winning bidders I explained it would take some time to process their order. I have explained this to the bidders and they started yelling fraud. Is there a law that states that there is a time limit in which I must ship or deliver an item? I am also getting demands for refunds. They demand I return their payment buy a certain time or date and if I don't they will file fraud charge, can they do that? Again in my auction description I .did not state I would accept refunds. If I do offer a refund, can I subtract compensatory damages from their payment to cover my costs?

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

Shipping delays over which you have no control do not constitute fraud. Print a disclaimer on your site or advise purchasers that shipping delays beyond your control not your responsibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">