• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ebay bidder won't pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gpzbob

What is the name of your state? pa
i sold a motorcycle on ebay last week now the high bidder won't pay up. is there anything i can do? small claims court?help i hate deadbeat's

HomeGuru

gpzbob said:
What is the name of your state? pa
i sold a motorcycle on ebay last week now the high bidder won't pay up. is there anything i can do? small claims court?help i hate deadbeat's
**A: and what did the ebay people tell you to do?

HomeGuru

gpzbob said:
they don't get into it

**A: are you quoting verbatim what they told you?
Did you read very carefully the ebay website user instructions? Do you have the name and address of the Buyer and does the Buyer live in your State of PA?
If not, how do you think Small Claims Court would help you?

G

gpzbob

yes he lives in pa too i can't find anything on ebay's site about what to do

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Try a newspaper ad.

By the time you start dicking around with E-Bay and lawsuits, and travel expenses, and court costs, and, and, and, and . . .

you'll have it sold.

IAAL

G

gpzbob

it's not just about the money im just fedup with deadbeat bidders

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gpzbob said:
it's not just about the money im just fedup with deadbeat bidders

My response:

Well, that's wonderful. I always enjoy "principle" lawsuits. They're very lucrative.

What did you do before E-Bay . . . did you used to sell through "Christies" auction house in New York?

Would you please wizen up, stop using E-Bay, and just sell it in a newspaper.

Go back to eating dinner.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">