• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ebay-defamation/feedback ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

texasradio

Those of you familiar with ebay may understand this sitution more easily.
I recently purchased an item on ebay and the seller notified me that he had relisted the item after he received my payment. He said that I had never responded to him and he rightfully relisted the item. I told him that I wanted to work with him and that I was sorry my payment was 9 days late. Incedentally, he did receive replys from and is not acknowledging them. Ebay provides a forum for buyers and sellers to report on their experience with one another. The seller reported negative feedback on me, saying that I never responeded to him or paid for item. In turn I reported negative feedback on him, stating that the seller did receive the money and that he was pushy and impatient. The seller sent the case to a thie party mediator, threatening to sue me for defamation if I did not remove the negative feedback. I told the seller that I would remove it only if he would do the same. He is now saying that he has a case for defamation. Is there any thing to this ? I simply reported my opinion of the transaction in the provided forum. Am I on solid ground here ? I have felt from the begining that this guy was trying to bully me.

X

Xjudge

Your first amendment rights allow you to post negative feedbacks without fear of reprisal. You can report the person to the folks at Ebay, you cannot be threatened because of a negative feedback. When someone chooses to sell on Ebay, they become a retailer and are subject to all the benifits and pitfalls that any retailer must endour. You made a valid offer to remove your posting but he will not agree. Leave your posting, it would cost him a lot more to seek legal remedy than to jointly remove the negative feedbacks.

T

texasradio

thank you very much, even as a barracks room lawyer I figured the guy didn't have a pot to pee in or a leg to stand on, but it's always nice to hear it from a pro.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">