• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EDD Potential overpayment notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tman22

What is the name of your state? California. I received a potential overpayment notice from the Calif. EDD and have been assessed a penalty because I under reported wages earned. I do not disagree with the facts because I did under report my earnings because I reported the net earnings rather than the gross. This was an honest mistake and I take full responsibility for it and am willing to pay the penalty. The kicker here is that at the bottom of the form it states that the Department might assess a penalty denying future benefits for 23 weeks!! Is there any way of convincing these people that what I did was due to negligence rather than a malicious act? I'm willing to pay the price but 23 weeks seems like an extremely harsh sentence. Any thoughts?

thanks -

Tman22

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">