• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Education loan In India, tax cut in US

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?

Iam working in OpT, And have education loan in India, Can i claim exemption for the interst .


Senior Member
If the loan was for attendance at a university where an American student could have gotten US financial aid to attend, you can deduct the interest. Contact the registrar's office and ask if they have filed the paperwork to participate in the US financial aid system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential