• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Effectiveness of Demand Letter to Seller and Agents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mark1210

I have a question concerning how effective a demand letter is. I made a post about a week ago titled "Seller Disclosure and lack of disclosing info." and am curious if I will have any results with this. Unfortunately, I am unable to find a lawyer that will take this on a contingency basis and most lawyers are around $200 an hour. An attorney I spoke to said she would send a demand letter to the seller, sellers agent, inspector, and our agent requestion they resolve our issues before pursuing litigation. This is $300 and am curious if it is worth it. If you know of someone who deals with Real Estate law in Dallas on a contingency basis please let me know.

Thanks!

HomeGuru

We can't predict the future and any success ( if any) of a demand letter, but it is better than what you have now which is nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">