• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EIN application for LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am applying in FL for my EIN number for my new LLC 2 person. OnFedl IRSformSS-4 #9a do I have to select "Other" and write "LLC" ?

Or should I leave 9A blank?

I am applying in FL for my EIN number for my new LLC 2 person. OnFedl IRSformSS-4 #9a do I have to select "Other" and write "LLC" ?

I'v eheard the Deafaukt box to check is "Partnership" as directions mention a multi person LLC is considered? Yes?

FlyingRon

You can use the online form which will hold your hand a bit better.

You heard wrong.

If your company was always a two-member LLC (i.e., you aren't changing the designation because you've added an additional member), then you check OTHER in 9A and write in "Disregarded Entity" in the blank provided.

Last edited:

quincy

The IRS has its phone lines tied up currently with stimulus check issues. You could have better luck online than trying to call.

We cannot really help you fill in forms, though. Sorry. That exceeds the scope of this forum.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Again, read the instructions for the form. Skip down to the part headed "DISREGARDED ENTITIES."
No, a LLC with more than one member is a classified as a partnership for tax purposes. It is not a disregarded entity. The OP said it was a two member LLC, thus it will be a partnership. On the SS-4 he would check the box in 8a "yes"and in 8b put the number of members (2). In 9a, he would check "partnership".

Last edited:

quincy

Because no one on this forum can assist with the filling in of documents as it falls outside the scope of this forum, SLAR should seek help locally if he needs help with the instructions.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Because no one on this forum can assist with the filling in of documents as it falls outside the scope of this forum, SLAR should seek help locally if he needs help with the instructions.
Well, given the current circumstances getting that help is not as easily done right now. But certainly if he can find a tax professional near him to assist him it would be a good idea.

FlyingRon

OK, but again, if he used the IRS's online EIN request, it plays 20 questions with you and issues you the EIN on the spot. Much easier...

LdiJ

You would be better off doing it online. You can get it immediately. Applying by mail will take forever right now since the irs is mostly shutdown.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">