• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Electronics store BAIT & Switch Scam to get more money. Legal action against them?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? Florida.

I purchased an expensive TV with a particular number for example XBR-75Z9D, I have paid this company thousands of dollars for this TV but have not received it.

The company has a bait & switch scam in which they bait you with the lowest price on the street than upsell you in order to purchase the same TV that you originally purchased.

For example, they will say you purchased the XBR-75Z9D( Commercial model) but you want the XBR-75Z9D ( Consumer model) to get better color processors.
The manufacturer said that there is only one XBR-75Z9D and there are no commercial models with that model number nor do they sell commercial models in this size or for this OLED technology.

So the bait is offering a low price for the XBR-75Z9D , the switch is forcing customers to call to confirm an order and being told they ordered an inferior version of the XBR-75Z9D ( which does not even exist).

There is only a single version of the XBR-75Z9D and as long as it said XBR-75Z9D its the XBR-75Z9D TV. XBR-75Z9D=XBR-75Z9D, there are no interior/commercial model of the XBR-75Z9D, that is an outright lie.

I ordered the XBR-75Z9D TV, I did not fall for the scam and asked for the XBR-75Z9D TV to be delivered.

Can I force them to delivery me the XBR-75Z9D that was advertised and that I paid for? Is there fraud in them saying that its a XBR-75Z9D which does not even exist to elicit thousands more.

To be clear, I DID NOT FALL FOR THE SCAM. I just told them to deliver the XBR-75Z9D and I did not pay 1 penny more than what was advertised when I purchased it from the website. They have failed to deliver the product. I am currently out the money however my resolution would to get them to deliver the product. The company does this with all the TV they sell, not just this model.

I have to post this again because my question was not being viewed by people answering the question because someone claim I had a magic link in my post that no one could see causing it to be invisible.

Hopefully this same problem will not happen again.

quincy

Your questions were already asked and answered, You deleted your thread.

You can't seriously expect the members of this forum to answer again.

Your questions were already asked and answered, You deleted your thread.

You can't seriously expect the members of this forum to answer again.
I deleted my thread because no one could see my original question because of some phantom link which I still don't see. I was then forced to explain the situation over and over again and the responses came in did not even address any points of law. Almost every response I received had the wrong facts. I think maybe 1 guy understand the situation and most people were under the impression that I fell for the scam and paid the extra money when I did not. So the wrong question was answered.

I paid what was advertised and not a penny more and the seller has failed to keep their end of the deal since the item never shipped.

I want to compel the seller to provide what was paid for. Can that be done? I have seen a small claims court which ended up settling on Judge Judy in which an ebay seller sued a buyer for failing to complete the transaction and the seller won in court. I understand the Judge judy is a TV show not a real court but perhaps the principal remains the same.

Does this forum actually have lawyers because all I have seen are what amount to internet trolls laughing at people misfortune instead of providing points of law.

Last edited:

quincy

We all saw your original post. It was quoted in its entirety minus the commercial link.

You received numerous responses to the same questions you ask here and in your second thread. Responses included responses from attorneys.

You have had your questions addressed. You would still see the answers you received had you not deleted your thread.

We all saw your original post. It was quoted in its entirety minus the commercial link.

You received numerous responses to the same questions you ask here and in your second thread. Responses included responses from attorneys.

You have had your questions addressed. You would still see the answers you received had you not deleted your thread.
I received answers saying that I was gullible and fell for the scam by paying for the more expensive TV when my original question stated that I had push back and demanded the advertised item for the advertised price. Plus both the inferior TV and the more experience TV were the identical TV with the identical model number.

For example " The OP doesn't appear to have been forced, rather s/he chose to purchase a different TV." - Zigner.
" Why did you agree to buy the more expensive TV? - Zigner ( I did not agree to buy a more expensive TV, I said deliver the same TV I paid for, you are not getting 1 penny more)

This guy thinks I bought a different TV. The scammer is not upselling to a different model, they are upselling to get the same model that you ordered by the residential vs commercial version.

I want to know how I can fight them in court and win. I want the item not my money back.
How do I get the item? That is my question. Dispute the credit card and run away and hide under my bed is not a legal strategy that will win in court. Plus the company will just keep scamming.

I want to get the TV that I paid for without having someone try to almost double my price by using a scam.

quincy

I received answers saying that I was gullible and fell for the scam by paying for the more expensive TV when my original question stated that I had push back and demanded the advertised item for the advertised price. Plus both the inferior TV and the more experience TV were the identical TV with the identical model number.

For example " The OP doesn't appear to have been forced, rather s/he chose to purchase a different TV." - Zigner.
" Why did you agree to buy the more expensive TV? - Zigner ( I did not agree to buy a more expensive TV, I said deliver the same TV I paid for, you are not getting 1 penny more)

This guy thinks I bought a different TV. The scammer is not upselling to a different model, they are upselling to get the same model that you ordered by the residential vs commercial version.

I want to know how I can fight them in court and win. I want the item not my money back.
How do I get the item? That is my question. Dispute the credit card and run away and hide under my bed is not a legal strategy that will win in court. Plus the company will just keep scamming.

I want to get the TV that I paid for without having someone try to almost double my price by using a scam.
I read all of the posts in your thread. You changed the facts as the thread progressed, so the responses changed.

You received numerous responses. You seem to remember at least some of them. You probably would remember more if you had not deleted your thread. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">