• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Email lies?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dtiao7eb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

A former employee recently quit to start his own business. A regular customer comes to me one day to ask if I had seen this email that the former employee sent out. The email says "he only received 70$ per day for working 10 hours a day." and other false statements. If you look at his previous pay stub or even his w-2 it clearly shows his salary was in the mid 50k a year. I was wondering is there anyway we can take legal action to his false accusations? He sent this to his church and asked the church to pass it to all of the family and friends. So basically there is hundreds of emails sent out with these false accusations!

help please!

thank you,

David

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

A former employee recently quit to start his own business. A regular customer comes to me one day to ask if I had seen this email that the former employee sent out. The email says "he only received 70$ per day for working 10 hours a day." and other false statements. If you look at his previous pay stub or even his w-2 it clearly shows his salary was in the mid 50k a year. I was wondering is there anyway we can take legal action to his false accusations? He sent this to his church and asked the church to pass it to all of the family and friends. So basically there is hundreds of emails sent out with these false accusations!

help please!

thank you,

David
**A: hire an attorney to file a TRO. Was this former worker an attorney? You posted in the wrong forum.

HomeGuru

do i need to have a copy of the email?
**A: yes you do since that is the hard and factual evidence. It should be easy to obtain since you say there are hundreds of the same email floating around. Maybe there are a few lying around the church pews or stuck in the hymn books.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">