• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emancipation of 17 daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

diepcott

California Law - 17 year old daughter has gotten into another argument with parents. she does not want to live with us - says to strict, does not want to respect us(things along those lines). within argument she was egging father on laughing at him, calling him ******* etc. he finally had enough and put his hand on her face and pushed it. We then all calmed down and agreed to help her prepare emancipation docs. they were going to file them next after school.
She goes to school talks to her best friend's guardian (Cathy) telling her that he violently pushed and shook her - FALSE. She showed her a bruise on right side of cheek (he pushed her with open hand on left side of face). Cathy told her to go to principal and report abuse (this girl had only been touched by father 2 times in whole life). They in turn took her to CPS where child fabricated quite a story. They called us in and inspected our other child and took statements from all - cleared us with us agreeing to allow Cathy to take child until investigation done. Investigation was done and they cleared us - no rights were taken from us we were then told that we could go get her. When we tried Cathy would not let her go - we called cops and they called CPS and all left for the evening until next morning appt with CPS worker. CPS worker then stated that child is complying with our request of filing paperwork (nothing has been granted yet). We said we wanted her back and only signed her over to her pending the investigation. Worker said she was not going to disrupt child and that she was safe and just let it be because she was just going to run away if we took her back. THIS IS NOT RIGHT. WE WERE NOT CHARGED WITH ANYTHING - CHILD BELONGS HOME. BECAUSE OF THIS WE CAN LIABLE FOR WHATEVER AND FOR WHATEVER COSTS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS WHOLE MESS. PLEASE ADVISE.

THANK YOU:confused:

C

Cynthia27Valley

Would like to know?

hi, im new here and noticed your post is few months old.
Im going through something kinda simular and its just begun.
could you tell me how its going? did you win your daughter back?
I have a court date coming up for my 17 yr. old but the cicumstances are different in my case but she is emancipated?
any advice would be helpful? I am trying to get re custody without a lawyer!
thanks,
cynthia

CMSC

do you all wonder why you haven't gotten any responses? It would really help if you put your posts on a different thread, this one is suppose to be closed to new posts you will get more of a response if you go to a different part of the boards...good luck to both of you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">