• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation of a Minor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am desperate so I came for help on here. I am a 16 year old female living in Southern California. I moved from Maine by myself, but my dad gave guardianship to my 24 year old cousin, I will be 17 in June. I am going to Maine in the summer and was wondering if their was anyway my dad could take me somewhere and say it is ok for my to be legal at 17. I am extremely unhappy living with my cousin, I am graduating highschool in Oct of 2001. I am saving money and working so I can roomate with another cousin who is 18. She works and graduated. Please help me, if know anything let me know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential