• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emergency AC repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thehusky1

What is the name of your state?Oklahoma
My central air hasn’t been working since Saturday morning. I’ve submitted 3 emergency work orders with not one call back from maintenance. Two calls on Saturday and one call on Sunday. I have no response from this company. It’s been over 81 degrees in my home all weekend. What can I do legally?

adjusterjack

It's the Fourth of July weekend so you are probably going to have to wait until tomorrow (Monday) to reach anybody.

Legally? Nothing. 81 degrees is no crisis, especially if the AC is cooling, just not cooling enough. It's 88 degrees in Oklahoma as I write this and will be in the 70s tonight.

You don't know how good you have it. It's 109 degrees in Phoenix and I have my AC set to 80 degrees or it would cost me a fortune.

Just Blue

It's the Fourth of July weekend so you are probably going to have to wait until tomorrow (Monday) to reach anybody.

Legally? Nothing. 81 degrees is no crisis, especially if the AC is cooling, just not cooling enough. It's 88 degrees in Oklahoma as I write this and will be in the 70s tonight.

You don't know how good you have it. It's 109 degrees in Phoenix and I have my AC set to 80 degrees or it would cost me a fortune.
I beat ya on temp...it's 111 here in Henderson.

Gail in Georgia

I agree with Adjusterjack (and it's 95 degrees here in Georgia). My AC is set at 80 degrees also.

If it's hard to sleep at night you might want to consider purchasing a small window shaker for the bedroom until management can get back in touch with you tomorrow.

Gail

thehusky1

I understand where you all are coming from however, at least you have that choice to make adjustments. I’ve been leasing for five years going into my sixth. Maintenance has always been an issue ranging from incompetent maintenance workers to delayed responses. I went about two months without a stove and microwave recently. I signed an agreement with these things in working order and they get paid without fail every month. I was a landlord in Illinois for years and this behavior is just unacceptable to me. Three calls to the company with a promise that someone will call me and they failed to even do that. At least the peace of mind to say, we got it and can’t get to you today. Too much money just to be ignored. Time will tell. Thank you all.

thehusky1

I understand where you all are coming from however, at least you have that choice to make adjustments. I’ve been leasing for five years going into my sixth. Maintenance has always been an issue ranging from incompetent maintenance workers to delayed responses. I went about two months without a stove and microwave recently. I signed an agreement with these things in working order and they get paid without fail every month. I was a landlord in Illinois for years and this behavior is just unacceptable to me. Three calls to the company with a promise that someone will call me and they failed to even do that. At least the peace of mind to say, we got it and can’t get to you today. Too much money just to be ignored. Time will tell. Thank you all.
Update: Here’s the response after 24 hours and 3
Hello,

Thank you for reporting your maintenance service request. We are contacting you to ensure your matter was acknowledged and/or resolved by our local team.

Please advise if you are still in need of attention from one of our team members.

It would be helpful if you would indicate your home address. This will allow us to quickly direct you to the appropriate person.

Sincerely,

Just Blue

Next lease renewal let LL know you will be moving. Moving really sucks, but I wouldn't stay with a LL who didn't maintain the home/apt reasonably.

Just Blue

Hello,

Thank you for reporting your maintenance service request. We are contacting you to ensure your matter was acknowledged and/or resolved by our local team.

Please advise if you are still in need of attention from one of our team members.

It would be helpful if you would indicate your home address. This will allow us to quickly direct you to the appropriate person.

Sincerely,
Let him know you still require assistance and give your address.

adjusterjack

I’ve been leasing for five years going into my sixth. Maintenance has always been an issue ranging from incompetent maintenance workers to delayed responses.
Why on earth are you still living there? There's an old saying. When beating your head against the wall hurts, stop doing it.

Hello,
Sincerely,
That's an automated response when an office is closed.

Call up tomorrow and talk to a human. Go to their office and face them if necessary (6' distance of course).

Gail in Georgia

"I’ve been leasing for five years going into my sixth. Maintenance has always been an issue ranging from incompetent maintenance workers to delayed responses."

I hear this quite a bit from folks looking at my rentals; this makes me wonder why they have chosen to stay where they've been...until we discuss what rent they've been paying. Sometimes it's easier to stay in one place as opposed to the pain of moving.

Some of my rentals are now being handled by a Property Management company. This was a difficult decision for me to make but one I felt I had to do after my partner of 19 years passed away from lung cancer. Some of these tenants still contact me with repair issues and I have to direct them to this company. If I handle all their repair requests (and I'd do it quicker than this company) I might as well dump the PM.

Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">