• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emergency custody papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Scottm1026

We ha EA a situation where kids were pulled from biological parents and sole custody was giving to step great grandma but mother still had her rights and visitations. Now 3 weeks ago the step grandma said she was giving kids to the grandparents on the father side and they live in Maine! This case is in New York. She was told not to and without permission the other grandparents came and took them and kids are now in Maine and they hate it and wanna come home. They don't know these grandparents and have never stayed with them. Can mother file for emergency custody and bring em back

Just Blue

We ha EA a situation where kids were pulled from biological parents and sole custody was giving to step great grandma but mother still had her rights and visitations. Now 3 weeks ago the step grandma said she was giving kids to the grandparents on the father side and they live in Maine! This case is in New York. She was told not to and without permission the other grandparents came and took them and kids are now in Maine and they hate it and wanna come home. They don't know these grandparents and have never stayed with them. Can mother file for emergency custody and bring em back
When did the children go to ME? Why did parents lose custody? Who are you in this situation?

Scottm1026

When did the children go to ME? Why did parents lose custody? Who are you in this situation?
3 weeks ago they went and the mother and grandmother on mother side filed petition for modification and someone called them today and said that there is no rush on it but kids have been taken to another state without court order or permission. And got taken due to drug use and father is now in jail mother is clean and I am bf.

Just Blue

3 weeks ago they went and the mother and grandmother on mother side filed petition for modification and someone called them today and said that there is no rush on it but kids have been taken to another state without court order or permission. And got taken due to drug use and father is now in jail mother is clean and I am bf.
Please have the mother post for herself with her own user name. Thanks.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Why were they pulled from Mom's custody?

It really would be best if she posted here for herself. Thanks.

Scottm1026

Why were they pulled from Mom's custody?

It really would be best if she posted here for herself. Thanks.
Well she would post for herself but she doesn't even get out of bed or quit crying cause she misses her kids and I told you guys that Cy's got involved and it was cause of drug use

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well she would post for herself but she doesn't even get out of bed or quit crying cause she misses her kids and I told you guys that Cy's got involved and it was cause of drug use
Honestly, this is HER problem to solve, not yours. You would be better helping her in the long run by encouraging her to take an active role in her own life and that of her kids.

Just Blue

You also stated that Mom "was clean" ...So why did CYS take the children out of her custody? If Dad was the problem and he is now in prison, what did CYS find regarding Mom? Did she know about the drug use and still leave the kids in Dads care? Were the children abused?

Either clarify what happened or have mom get her butt out of bed and clarify. Time for her to grow up and deal.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Look, these are her kids, and she's got to pull herself together and take charge, because she knows more about this than you. She is not a damsel in distress that you can save.

Now, usually in these cases there is a set of goals the parent has to meet before getting their kids back. What are they and what has mom done to meet them?

If the abuse allegations are against one parent (neglect is abuse, abuse is not limited to beating) and not the other, removal of the abusive parent from the household might be sufficient in the eyes of some caseworkers. That didn't happen here, so there's something you're not telling us.

While CPS is involved, I find it highly unlikely that the children would be allowed by the court to be moved out of state, to the care of a relative of the incarcerated parent, especially without the permission of the mother, is she has retained any sort of (supervised?) parenting time. CPS generally likes to keep an eye on their charges.

Your friend knows whether or not she has heard from court, what arrangements she has with CPS regarding her parenting, and whether she has any court ordered parenting time. Apparently you don't have this information.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, actually, you said Mom was clean. Or is that since Mom & Dad were busted? Honestly - your postings aren't too clear.

At the end of the day, MOM has to dry her eyes, get out of bed and be proactive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">