• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emergency Custody???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tracibest

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi, all, I hope someone can help with this situation...

A friend of mine is about to go through a very nasty divorce and his soon to be ex has threatened to take the child to Cali. Can she do this, and can my friend get like an emergency temporary custody of the child to insure that she doesn't leave with the child?

He ultimately wants go get full custody of the child being that his soon to be ex wife is mentally unstable and can not keep a job. What will he have to do to prove that he is the better parent?

Thank you... Traci

U

u.c.r.

Emergency Custody!??

when we found out our daughters abuse was happening at my wife's ex's place we filed for emergency custody.Problem was he was to have her one more time before our court date.One of our lawyers said(under the table)just don't be home,or go visit family.The judge will weigh on what was more inportant,the legal visitation rights,or our fear that the child is in danger.Well,we could have been fined,or jailed for denying the visit,BUT the judge understood and let us have full custody.If your friend's divorce is not final,and he has the child maybe you should ask a lawyer about what we did.If she has the child a temparory order can be placed on her to stay until court day.He has to give enough proof though that she's a flight risk. Hope this helps,or gives you idaes on other options.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">