• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emotional crash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jajamase

From Iowa. A 39 year old friend, a man, is talking suicide, possible homicide. Within the past 3 years he has lost his job and his business due to failed health and is now on disability income. His wife has divorced him and has been awarded sole custody of their 5 year old daughter due, in part, to his physical condition. His family and I have mentioned to him he needs to see a therapist to help him get through this and he has refused. We are afraid he has reached the end of his rope, so to speak, and will make good on his thoughts of suicide or homicide. I have known this man for over 30 years and know what he is capable of doing. How do I, or his family, get him in for treatment without his consent? It will have to be forced because he will not go on his own. I know he will bounce back with some help but, how do I/we go about it? Thanks in advance for any and all responses.
James

C

cat2young

mental help

Call 911 tell them what you have said here. If they don't help call a mental health hospital and ask what the requirements are in you area to have someone committed and evaluated. Don't wait!
Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">