• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employee benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

polkadot54636

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I was wondering if anyone knows what the laws are in Florida about benefits for employees? My boss receives, besides her salary, her cell phone paid, health insurance paid quarterly in full and mileage. Does our company need to provide this all employees? There is a total of six other employees.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. It is a myth that if one employee receives something, all employees have to receive it. No law in any state requires that.

As long as Title VII and any related laws (race, religion, national origin, and so on) are not violated, and as long as the plan document for any ERISA based benefits is adhered to, the law is satisfied.

It is by no means unusual, and it is quite legal, for high level employees to receive additional benefits over and above rank and file employees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">