• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employee health insurance canceled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PaulJ067

about a year ago while on disability for my back injury my company is termanating my employment.I have not heard one word from them since.now they have cancelled my health insurance without warning.I just got a letter from the insurance carrier that it was canceled last november.I have not been offered c o b r a and still haven't heard from my company.is this legal for them ? pleaase help

ALawyer

This involves a whole set of issues that you may not be able to handle on your own. If the injury was work related, have you sought worker's comp? Is the employer of a size that it has to be covered by COBRA or not? Does your state have any applicable laws that are similar or protect you? Is the employer under financial stress?

I'd suggest that you get a lawyer ASAP to help you sort this out and write a lawyer's leter for you.

P

PaulJ067

emplyee health insurance cancelled

more information;
i'm in California and the injury was work related.
i'm on workmans comp now and have an attorney for that.
the employer has thousands of employees and is not under financial stress.
i tried to go back to work with restrictions but the company has decided to terminate me.since they sent me home
over a year ago i havn't heard anything from them.
now they have cancelled my health insurance without warning
and have not offered me COBRA.
my question is can they legally do this without any word whatsoever to me?
thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">