• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee or Subcontractor Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mrs.Barb

I need to know if you can fire a Subcontractor like an employee?
I have never had anyone just flat out lie
about me and to me like this CEO has.
In the Service Agreement I am to be Compensated weekly for my services & an allowance for working 7hours away from home.
I am to provide my own Vehicle, Medical, Liability Insurance. Social Security, Taxes and other like expenses. His nasty unexpected termination letter called me an employee and took my weeks Wages to repay a signing bonus, now turned to an advance. I was only there 34 days. The first 14 with no electric and another 6 with no phone. I was a week ahead of schedule. ??????? I am in TEXAS. No, the CEO is not. Thanks! I love this web site! Mrs Barb

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mrs.Barb:
I need to know if you can fire a Subcontractor like an employee?
I have never had anyone just flat out lie
about me and to me like this CEO has.
In the Service Agreement I am to be Compensated weekly for my services & an allowance for working 7hours away from home.
I am to provide my own Vehicle, Medical, Liability Insurance. Social Security, Taxes and other like expenses. His nasty unexpected termination letter called me an employee and took my weeks Wages to repay a signing bonus, now turned to an advance. I was only there 34 days. The first 14 with no electric and another 6 with no phone. I was a week ahead of schedule. ??????? I am in TEXAS. No, the CEO is not. Thanks! I love this web site! Mrs Barb
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should review the IRS and State laws first to understand the definition of employee to determine if you fall under the true test of employee or independent contractor. By his own admission, he deems you an employee therefore he should follow company and State guidelines with repect to the termination of an employee. Has the company been paying workmans compensation, employment taxes etc. on your behalf as an employee?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">