• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employee personal file in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

freezeepop

Do you have any information for me regarding placing documents in a personal file without consent?

B

Bob Benedict

I'm new to a medium sized company but understand that the file belongs to my employer. I imagine she keeps in it what she wants. I am told to send employment applications, the government forms, notes of references, etc. to personnel. I also have to send a copy of the quarterly evaluations of my people to personnel.

When I worked for a bigger company they said anyone could review his own files, but I always knew that those files were the official files, and most supervisors kept some documents regarding personnel in semi-private files or on their computers, particularly when they were building a case against someone to justify a low pay raise a transfer or promoting or firing them.

r at headquarters, and I keep a file for the people that work for me

F

freezeepop

Thankyou for your input. I may have been mislead when I was told that management could not enter anything in your personal file without your consent or signature on the document. If you have any other advise such as conflict between a personell manager and an employee and the rights of the employee, let me know.

A

Attorney_Replogle

As a CA labor attorney at law, my best advice to you is to review this web site's information on employment law. Then find an attorney in your area (a labor lawyer) from this web site's listings. Your question about your right's is too broad of a question, so just check out this web site. As far as the personnel file, the employer can enter information and documents into it without your knowledge or consent, with exceptions of course. What would the law be without exceptions. You can not enter any information or documents into the personnel file without the employer's knowledge and consent. It is not your file, it is theirs.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">