• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee Privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thedog

What is the name of your state? Florida
I was fired today or should I say they made it very clear they were eliminating my postion. My title was Director of National Sales and when the HR guy and my boss called, they said they were eliminating my postion which was Managed Care Sales, well I said great, you have the wrong guy. They didnt even know my title, but it didnt work I am still out of a job anyway. On 6-20-02 a former coworker who is friends with my boss called me to inform me she informed him that they were giving me 90 days to increase activity or I would be fired. Well I increased activity, I actually brought 10 million new managed care lives to the company, no small achievment. I was never given any written notice to my 90 days. When my boss informed me about the 90 days all that was told to me was to increase activity, which I did. What the hell is going on.
1) Can an employer inform an outside person that they intend to fire you? Isnt there some privacy violation?
2) Why where they so determined not to say I was fired but my postion was eliminated?
3) Why wouldnt they allow me to become a broker so I could still receive commission on my managed care contracts?
We are talking about large commissions here, one of these contracts in six months could be generating 10K to 50K in commissions a MONTH. I guess I just got screwed.
Thanks,PR

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
1.) Yes they can. Depending on whether the person has an actual need to know it may or may not be good business practice, but as far as the law is concerned they can take out a billboard ad if they want to.

2.) Because if they say the position was eliminated rather than that you were fired, it may make it easier for you to collect unemployment benefits. They're doing that to HELP you.

3.) I have no idea, but they are not required to by law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">