• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bubbaman_21

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Missouri, Greene County

I was recently caught and accused of stealing $800 from my place of employment. I signed an intent of restitution paper for the store outlining my repayment period. I was arrested, booked and released. I never signed a paper saying I will come to my court date. Anyways, my question is: What do i need to look forward to?
Also, I have already made arrangements to pay them back in one payment instead of the 6 months I agreed to, probably well before my court date. It doesn\'t seem to me like my employer is going to press charges but I am not certain.
I realize that this amount is a felony charge and I want to make it right. I have never been in trouble with the law, not even a traffic ticket.
Any and all advice would be most beneficial.
The county it was committed in was Greene, I'm 23 and I've learned my lesson (never going to do it again)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">