• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer abuses fringe benefits & employee deductions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

njhammerhead

New Jersey

As a union employee, my employer is required by contract to make weekly contributions to my benefits package. However, they are also required to, on my behalf, "deduct from my net pay" my contribution to a personal vacation fund that the union maintains. Sort of like a mandatory savings account. All monies, employer & employee contributions are to be submitted within 7-14 days maximum of said pay date. Since my vacation contribution is actually cash directly from my pay, and not an employer's benefit offering, can I file a charge of "Grand Theft" if after 60 days these monies are not accounted for? If so, what agencies (state or local) should I contact? Again, to be clear, the money in question is not the employer's "generous" fringe benefit donation, but rather my cash directly from my hourly wages.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">