• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Asking For COVID Testing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PayrollHRGuy

I've had the swab before...a bit uncomfortable but not what I would call invasive. A blood draw I would call invasive.
Have you had the one for COVID. It goes way deeper than any nasal swab I've ever had done. In fact, it was longer than the flu one they did right before.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
With all due respect, whether it is or is not invasive is irrelevant to the legal issue, which is that the OP's wife's employer is not violating any laws or protected rights in requiring the test.

quincy

With all due respect, whether it is or is not invasive is irrelevant to the legal issue, which is that the OP's wife's employer is not violating any laws or protected rights in requiring the test.
I believe that point already was made clear. ;)

We are at the point in the thread now where we are just discussing the test itself.

adjusterjack

I thought the oral swab was just an antibody test. I could be wrong but they are really only using long nasal swabs around here and short ones for antibody tests.
I had blood drawn for the antibody test. The nasal swab is for whether or not you have the virus.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I thought the oral swab was just an antibody test. I could be wrong but they are really only using long nasal swabs around here and short ones for antibody tests.
No, it's not an antibody test.
In looking at the interweb, I found one article from March that leaned in the direction that nasal swabs were more effective and two more recent articles (April & May) that leaned in the direction that oral swabs were more effective. None of the information was based on peer-reviewed studies. In other words, I don't believe that there's any consensus yet on which (if either) is more effective.

(This is in response to your post as well as quincy's response)

quincy

ajkroy, I notice your “wow” response to one of my earlier posts. ;)

This thread was placed in the “medical malpractice and healthcare malpractice” section of the forum and the question asked really has nothing to do with either. My post was in response to Zigner’s post.

If you are wondering, though, I know of nothing about having a nose swab test that should cause anyone any fear. The test is uncomfortable, yes. Dangerous or risky, no.

Here is a link to nose swab testing, from UC Davis:
https://health.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/coronavirus-testing.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">