• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer change after h1b lottery pick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coolasch

Hi,

I have my H1b filed from employer A and it got picked in lottery. But, I have given several interviews earlier in other companies and 1 of them responded (company B) to me now saying that I cleared the interview and they want me onboard. Is it possible to switch employer now as only H1B case was picked in lottery and I am still waiting for approval.

t74

Employer A should revoke his sponsorship as soon as you notify him you will not be joining. The timing of this is important. He also might be able to sue you for liquidated damages depending on your contract

If you had no intent on working for the employer, why did you agree to have him file on your behalf? That is unprofessional.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">