• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer charging me more for health insurance.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missingyou

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

It recently came to my attention that i am the only part-time employee to pay $15 more every pay period for Health insurance. Our HR director is no longer at the company, every year i asked him why and he said it was because i was part-time. but employees who work less hours than me are paying the same as everyone else. Is this Legal???

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, it is legal. It is not even uncommon.

Many companies do not provide benefits to part time employees at all. There is nothing whatsoever illegal about having different premium payment rates for part time employees.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm sorry, I read your post wrong.

Even if other part time employees are paying less than you, it is still legal unless you are being singled out BECAUSE OF your race, religion, national origin, or other characteristic protected by state, Federal or local law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">