• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Group Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

erk1210

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Myself, spouse and child have been covered for 8 years under my employers BCBS group insurance. Over the years, we hadn't used it for anything other than sick doctor visits, etc.

6 months ags my husband started seeing help thru a psych for possibly bipolar disorder. It's covered under the insurance. He has had 2 knee surgeries too.

I was diagnosed with a thyroid problem and narcolepsy but I am treated rather conventionally thru my PCP. Other than those problems, I incurred med ins usage to have a baby.

My daughter had outpatient minor kidney surgery -- it did require anesthesia and a hospital stay of a morning but that's it. It was a Delfux injection. She had various tests perfomed at the hospital for her kidney troubles.

Our total accumulation each since 1995 is roughly $7,000 each.

I was demoted, hours cut to part time and my benefits taken awa because they said it was a cost issue of my dept, a business, bottom line number. But they have hired 7 new people in my very small dept. And in the past they have offered part time employees benefits.

I believe my benefits were taken away because of a money issue, for the insurance renewal we just had. Which I was told when I asked for their help with ins til I got another job, that it went up A LOT.

I have done the budget for my dept, I know we can't afford the 7 new people. What is the level of proof that I need to sue them for using my medical history as an employment status issue? I know that they can't do this and they are trying to cover it with their supposed reason. They did this to a man with cancer a few years ago.

R

Ramoth

Look in the blue pages of your phone book, and call the Federal Department of Labor. Just on the face of it, I see plenty of reasons for them to investigate. You don't need to provide "proof", but they will need some specific information, and you should be prepared to provide it.

E

erk1210

Thanks. I just asked the same question as I did here on Georgia's insurance commissioners website. I will do as you said also. I am still employed here and how does that reflect on all of this? I am looking for a new job and should be getting one very soon, lots of leads. It makes me sick to my stomach that they are doing this to me...knowing the kind acts I have seen them do in the past for other employees.

Beth3

"I am still employed here and how does that reflect on all of this?" Are you asking whether that has any bearing on the complaint you need to file with the federal DOL? If so, no.

If, after filing the complaint, you experience any retalliation from your employer, then you can recontact the DOL to amend your complaint to include that. You have a protected right to make a good faith complaint to any government agency and retalliation for doing so is expressly prohibited.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">