• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer is threatening me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hector Gomez

Hi, at the beginning of this year I have signed an agreement on which I will stay in the company for one year. But now that I have resigned my job he has paid me my wages but he is indicating that with me leaving is a cause of undue hardship for the company so basically he wants me to help his employees when they call me at home. But with this kind of threat I don't want to help him, do I have to help him or can I just forget him and live my life without any legal action from my former employer?

W

W Grant

I'd have to read the contract to tell you, and that is not something I do for free, but if you breached the contract -- especially without legal cause -- he has a right to be angry, and you did leave him in the lurch. If you ever want a reference and it doesn't take a lot of time, tell him I'll help out with an occassional question, maybe for 1/2 hour or so, but if it's more than that I'll charge $X per hour.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">