• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer is withholding Insuranace Coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

superd66

Washington State.

Looking for some help / advice for my mom.
She was hired and works fulltime for "check into cash." and had been recieveing full benefits until Dec of 2008. In Dec. of 2008 they changed her employment status to part-time.

In conjunction with her status change, her fulltime benefits (insurance) was revoked.

Since they changed her status to part-time she has worked 1 pay period of less then 72 hours. 72 hours is the company standard to be considered fulltime. Her manager has refused to change / update her status to fulltime despite the hours she is working. Currently she is averaging about 86 hours per pay period. This has been ongoing for now for 5 months.

HR acknowledges that she is working the hours and agrees that she only has the 1 pay period that worked less than fulltime, however they state that without the manager submitting her status change there is nothing that they can do.

Does anybody have any suggestions. My Mom is 61, loyal and dedicated and like most people want what they are due. she needs her insurance. Because of her age she is afraid to cause waves for fear of loosing her job, and her manager is useing that fear to his advantage

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Darrin in Seattle

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What reason does the manager give for refusing to submit the status change form?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">