• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pamela

Two years ago following an accident my employer drove me to a hospital for a
random drug test. Without waiting for the results of the test he then drove me home, leaving me with no way to retrieve my vehicle
which was left at the job site 20 miles away.
My question is this.
If I had been driven back to my vehicle and
allowed to drive home that day without the
results of the test, and had been involved in an auto accident, would my employer have been liable for the accident?
He told me that this was the reason I was not allowed to drive myself home.

------------------

A

Attorney_Replogle

I don't see why the employer would have been liable for any accident that you may have been involved in on your way home from work. The only basis for liability that I can see is if the employer knew that the employee had been using or abusing drugs and or alcohol and they did nothing about it. And as a result of the employee's being impaired from this abuse, he or she caused death or injury to another person and or their property.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">