• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer made me sign waiver to get paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thedarkside

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My employer made me sign a waiver in order to get my paycheck. I told my boss that I did not want to sign this. My boss told me that I could not receive my paychedck until signed. I went to pick up my check before I signed and our accountant said, "You can't get your check until I have received the signed form." The form said that they could deduct any amount they deem fair and didn't lay out any guidelines as to what amount would be fined for a wrongful action. I wrote on the form ,"I protest to signing this document, but do so in order to get my check." I then signed my name and copied the form for my personal records. What recourse do I have if any? I really think that this is illegal, also. Please advise.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
None at the moment. When and if they actually deduct something from your paycheck, you can take it up with the state DOL.

It is very unlikely that the waiver is enforceable under NC law, so don't worry too much about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">