• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer making me find vacation replacments, no one else

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kjf2004

:confused: What is the name of your state? California

The last couple of times I've asked for vacation days, I've been told I have to find someone to fill in for me. I am the only person in my position, but there is someone subordinate who could fill in just fine.

However, there are other people in my office who are also the only people in their positions, but this request is not made of them. They, too, all have higher positions than i do.

Can my employer force me to do this when he doesn't ask the same of anyone else in the office? I feel like I'm being discriminated against, or someone has a grudge.

Thanks for any help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless you have a valid and supportable reason to believe that you, and only you, are being singled out for this BECAUSE OF your race, religion, national origin or other protected characteristic, this may be annoying but it is not illegal discrimination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">