• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I have worked for a large company for 11 years in sales. I have had a history of back problems including surgery twice for herniated disk. Both times I had back surgery I was working for the same company and therefore have a documented history of back problems. Because I am outside sales I carry around my portable computer and briefcase which combined can be rather heavy. A couple of months ago I requested a briefcase with carrier and wheels to make it easier for me to transport my work materials. The request was refused because of the cost (around $200). I am now off work on doctors orders due to back problems and want to know if I have a case for a law suit against the company.



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You quite possibly have an action, especially because they have knowledge of your history. You need to speak with an employment labor law attorney to see if there is an EEOC violation.

Before you speak with a lawyer, read the employment law section at the freeadvice.com homepage and read www.eeoc.gov.

Try attorneypages.com in your state to find an employment labor law attorney. If you can't find one there, call your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential