• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer not giving Vacation days.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mahika

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pensylvania
I work as a hourly employee for my employer.Since I am a consultant I work at the client location. I was hired by my employer last year and had signed a handbook which stated that after billing for 1200 hours in 9 months I can get paid for a weeks vacation.Now when I am asking this the employer is saying that they got over this programme long time back.I was never ever informed by any one from the employer about that and I had planned my vacation considering this benefit.
I had signed the handbook provided to me and have never recieved any updated handbook too. The handbook however had the clause" Because the information, policies, and benefits described in the Handbook are necessarily subject to change, I acknowledge that revisions to the Handbook may occur and that revised information may supersede, modify, or eliminate existing policies."
What are my rights related to this .Can i sue my employer if yes then how to.

Banned_Princess

No you cant sue your employer. sheesh.

You have already said the handbook has the statement, any of the rules are subgect to change without notification.

you can have a job, or go on vacation. your choice.

pattytx

And even if the vacation was a contractual obligation, the employer could still deny you the time off. Short of a bona fide employment contract or CBA specifying otherwise, vacation taken is ALWAYS at the discretion of the employer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">