• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer not holding up to their end of the contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Andrew RN

I work for a staffing agency, Im a travel nurse. The company advertises free health insuance on the first day. On the contract it say Eligible for 'company name' group insurance. After one week of work I called and they said that my insurance card takes up to 2 weeks to come. The second time I contacted they confirmed that my insurance started on day one. Days later I got a letter in the mail stating that I dont have insurance. The insurance was not started until 3 weeks after it should have been and the company confirmed that indeed I had insurance twice, when in fact I did not.

The company said that they wont extend my coverage after the 3 month contract is up to make up for the days of not being coverd.

They broke their end of the contract and not owning up to it by any means. Is this legal? Have any insight of what I can do about this? I dont thinks its ethical for this company to do this.

Thanks
Andrew

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">